Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Website Update Preview


Been drawing all day, and will be drawing all night.  I like the feverish, focused times like this.
The most immediate goal is finishing the webpage background.  I really poured some effort into figuring out the lighting coming from the fireplace, and feel alright about the results so far.  I'll put off the figuring out those damn rollovers till later.  Anyhow, this is what I did today.  

Looking at it after a break, the frames still need some attention, but its going alright. 

I'm excited about a Hyogo Times cover that will involve Himeji (my town in Japan) Castle standing up and fighting with a giant version of one of those Ganguro girls, in a showdown towering above some downtown Himeji.  Props to Jenai for the idea for the castle's opponent.  I was thinking some other nation's landmark, but I like keeping it domestic...  Let viewers attach meaning...  I'm eager to work on that, eager to employ the references I've gotten, eager to figure out how to show it from a ground-level viewpoint and adapt the castle architectural details to a standing, fighting pose.  Problems to solve, like a carefully prepared meal to slowly enjoy.  

But I digress.  Back to the job at hand.

No comments: